this week we discovered that sam knows "the itsy-bitsy spider".
Monday, May 31, 2010
the next morning sam was up shortly after 7 (i think. i had headed over to the bathrooms before he woke up), and we took down the tent, ate a little breakfast, played on the playground (sam loves to swing), and headed out to niagara falls.
we had a great time walking around the falls. though sam wasn't exactly as impressed as he might have been, he seemed to enjoy walking around and riding in the stroller. he had a great time watching all the people, but he wasn't fond of the misty spray coming from the falls. at one point he conked out, but he woke up in time for some lunch and a good bit of the ride home. when we arrived, sam did a few "victory laps" and made sure the house was still in order. he seemed glad to be home.
i think the trip, overall, was a great success and am excited about trying again soon (though we have several other trips planned in the meantime!)
Thursday, May 27, 2010
speaking of, we are planning to be off on a long weekend enjoying a lovely camping trip and a visit to the american side of niagara falls. i'm sure sam will greet this awesome spectacle with the standard sam reaction--none. :)
(above photo is of my mother's day bouquet. it was gorgeous!)
i've got one down and one to go. now if only i wasn't posting, i might be making some progress. maybe.
- 1 adorable boy
- 1 mom
- 1 thursday morning
- a pinch of daddy
- 6:15am - have boy wake up with soaked diaper. change boy. dress boy.
- 6:30am - have daddy change sheets in crib, hand boy over to daddy for breakfast time while you (thankfully) shower, brush teeth, and get dressed
- 7:00am - watch daddy leave for work ("daddy's car!!")
- 7:15am - share breakfast banana with boy while watching out the front door for cars, then sneak another banana for yourself while boy is distracted
- 7:30am - put shoes on boy. put shoes on mom. go outside to work in the yard
- 8:00am - decide whining boy needs to sit still so you can actually DO yardwork. put boy in stroller.
- 8:30am - discover boy has removed shoe, found clump of dirt on shoe, and put clump of dirt in his mouth. boy discovers clump of dirt does NOT taste good. smart boy.
- 8:31am - take away shoes (plural), get damp cloth and wipe out boy's mouth, wipe face, wipe hands
- 8:35am - let complaining boy out of stroller and let him walk around complaining while you attempt to plant, transplant, and mulch the flower beds
- 9:00am - get out hose to water new plantings
- 9:15am - water plants, water boy, water mom--we are now all wet
- 9:35am - put away hose--we are now all wet. also muddy
- 10:00am - go inside to clean up and change boy
- 10:20am - go for walkies
- 10:30am - let boy fall asleep in stroller
- 11:00am - return to house with boy asleep, hope boy sleeps for another hour or so
- 11:01am - let boy wake up, figure out (by deciphering various whines and cries) that boy is hungry and wants a snack
- 11:03am - get boy crackers and sippy cup, go to basement to play with toys, play peek, play ball, look at books, put laundry in the wash
- 12:09am - go up to fix lunch for boy, promising cheese and grapes--be glad daddy will be home in just six more hours
at least the morning part of the day is done!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
note: he did this for several minutes before i was able to find my camera (and then again after i stopped recording, and again now while i'm posting).
thought maybe i should explain this for non-grandma people: grandma elaine (mike's mom) has told us that she used to see mike lying on the kitchen floor rolling cars back and forth and watching the wheels turn. so when i saw sam doing this i immediately thought about that. like father, like son.
Friday, May 21, 2010
height = 31.5in = 60th percentile
weight = 21.3lbs = 9th percentile
Saturday, May 8, 2010
mike has been advocating for sam's first haircut for a while, but i don't think i was quite ready for him to be old enough for haircuts. and indeed, his "after" photos look very big-boyish to me. luckily i can still claim him as my little boy (anyone that's smaller than me totally qualifies as "little" right?)